Severe Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Winter Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Current Alerts

Current Alerts Click to learn more

X Close

Live Scoreboard

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Game Highlights

Scoreboard refreshes every five minutes
Click Here for our Friday Night Lights live stream and game chat

Swipe left and right to view more scores

Scores refresh every five minutes. View more scores

Police Recover Weapons from Accused Murder Suspect's Home

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Police recovered 37 weapons including various calibers and brands of shotguns, rifles, revolvers and pistols, and various ammunition for the weapons from a Central City man's home who is accused of killing a Cedar Rapids man last month, according to a search warrant.

Investigators found the weapons, ammunition, collected clothing, blood, bungee cords, cash, weapon reloading equipment and other items in the home of Martin Wilkinson, 63, at 2567 Windy Hill Circle in Central City, according to the search warrant. The weapons were found in various places in the home.

Wilkinson was charged last month with first-degree murder and possession of a firearm by a felon. He is accused in the fatal shooting of Gregory O'Hare, 47, of Cedar Rapids, on Aug. 24, according to a criminal complaint. An Astra A-7 handgun found in the home was identified by police as the weapon used in the homicide.

According to the complaint, Wilkinson, while being treated at Mercy Medical Center for injuries suffered prior to a standoff with police, made the statement "It just got out of hand," according to the criminal complaint.

According to the search warrant, Wilkinson admitted to a police negotiator that he shot O'Hare. This was during the standoff before Wilkinson came out of his cabin.

Witnesses who heard gunshots the day before they discovered O'Hare's body Aug. 24, in a rural area a short distance from Wilkinson's home, according to the complaint.

One witness told police he saw a body lying about 8:20 a.m. Aug. 24, at the top of a hill down the road from his cabin but he thought the person was drunk and honked his horn, according to the search warrant. He waited to see if there was breathing and then got out of his truck and walked over to the body. He said the body was "ice cold."

The witness said a deputy pointed out "five small holes" across the victim's back between his shoulder blades, according to the warrant.

According to an autopsy, O'Hare was shot at least eight times and five of those went into his back. He died of multiple gunshot wounds.

Another witness said he heard Wilkinson hollering at someone about 9 p.m. Aug. 23, and then heard "five pops that sounded like loud firecrackers," according to the search warrant. The witness said he saw the other neighbor/witness the next morning when he found the body and they called 911.

According to the warrant and criminal complaint, blood was found on an ATV parked near Wilkinson's house and on the ground outside the house, along with blood from the Astra, Wilkinson's body and carpet near the foot of a bed. Investigators discovered a trail of blood and tire tracks leading from the body to an ATV.

Wilkinson remains under bond in the Linn County Jail.

Featured Videos