Dubuque Gets Bus Grant to Create Shorter Routes
DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) — The city of Dubuque's public bus system has been awarded a state transportation grant to develop an express service that will make a trip between downtown and the west end of the city much faster.
The grant of more than $897,000 will cover 80 percent of the cost of the new bus service with the other 20 percent paid for by the city.
Two new routes will begin running in January. One is a 15-minute non-stop express service from downtown to west end transfer stations and the other stops at popular locations between the downtown and west end destinations.
City officials say the routes will cut the time of the trip by more than 50 percent.
Information sessions are scheduled for Nov. 12 and Dec. 10 at the public library.
What's On KCRG