Crews Fight Fire on Northwest Side of Cedar Rapids
By Dave Franzman, Reporter
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Smoky fire may have started in a wood burning stove and caused significant damage to the home of a former Cedar Rapids city council member.
The fire at 3592 Rogers Rd. NW occurred at the home of Dave and Sue Kramer. The first captain on the scene said Dave Kramer, who is also a retired Cedar Rapids Parks Director, noticed smoke pouring from his roof when he was leaving the home at about 8:20 a.m. The first fire units on the scene said the smoke was so thick it was actually visable on Edgewood Rd. about a quarter mile.
Fire officials said Kramer was the only person home at the time and he got out safely. There was significant damage throughout the house.
What's On KCRG