Hazardous spill prompts evacuation in Monticello

By  | 

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) - Monticello Police responded around 7:30 this morning 321 East First Street apt. B for a hazardous liquid spill.

Authorities say the resident there possessed one gallon glass jar containing a pig fetus in formaldehyde. They say the jar broke spilling the liquid in the kitchen area of the apartment.

Apartment residents were evacuated for safety precautions. Linn County HAZMAT, was called in to clean the area. Monticello Fire Department assisted.